DBT for friends & Family™
To enroll in F & F you must first complete the Family Connections Program
Friends & Family™ is a 12-week course that meets weekly to teach more advanced theoretical concepts of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and skill application techniques to friends and family members of individuals in a DBT program.
- Intro (Guidelines/Assumptions) & Review the BioSocial Model of DBT
- Mindfulness Skills: Three States of Mind, What & How
- Validation & Problem Solving: Core Acceptance & Change Skills - why do we stay mindful of judgments?
- Primary Target Behavior: Functions, Response from Family & Skills
- Secondary Target Behaviors: Biological & Social Consequences
- Understand the functional relationship: thinking, feeling & acting
- Distress Tolerance Skills for Family & Friends
- Review & Role Play: Limit Setting, Observing Limits & Acceptance
- Relationship Mindfulness: Skills for Family & Friends
- Emotion Regulation: Sensitivity, Reactivity & Slow Return to Baseline: Now What? Skills!
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: DEARMAN, GIVE & FAST (role play)
- Basics of Behaviorism: Don’t Shoot the Dog!
When: Tuesday 5:00-6:30 PM, led by Joanna Marino, PhD
Commitment: We HIGHLY encourage attending all 12 weeks.
How to register: firstname.lastname@example.org